Saturday, December 11, 2004

10 Things you need to know before IVF

Ten things I had wished I'd know before IVF (Not that I would have listened to it anyway)

1. A cycle may be cancelled and you will cry your eyes out when you hear that. (Mine was a primal, sobbing, heaving type of crying)
2. It is kind of like a IUI cycle, but not really.
3. Yes, to retrieve your eggs, they put you under, dildocam goes up your vagina and a large bore needle pokes into your ovaries. (Mine were very TOUGH according to my doctor. She said she had to use extra force to poke into me.)
4. Get a BIG sharps container for all your syringes and needles (I was on Lupron 1 month prior to my stims). The pharmacy sent me this dinky little one.
5. Sex may become a distant memory. The stims make you so bloated and the lupron make you so moody, you can forget about wanting to mess around.
6. After your embryo transfer, it's ok to big a big lazy couch potato for at least 1-2 days. Catch up on trashy novel reading.
7. Find some brain consuming, time-wasting project during the 2ww. I found internet spades, Christmas shopping online, and an obsession with eating.
8. During the 2ww, you will feel every pregnancy symptom under the sun. You will spend hours googling the internet for some clue as to the chances of being Pregnant.
9. You will vacillate between wanting to tell family, friends, etc., and even after telling them, wondering if you should have as it makes they even more anxious and worried that you are.
10. You realize that this is only the beginning of a long journey ahead with something around the bend to occupy your brain with worry, whether you get a BFP or BFN.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?