Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Can you see it?

This morning we went for our 1st ultrasound. My DH asked me if I was scared last night to do this. I told him, no, not really. I have been enjoying the last 3 weeks not really thinking about things that can go wrong. So I told him, I just want to get it over with so I can deal with what is next. The magic wand went in (with some discomfort from my revirginized vagina) and my doctor started pointing at all the "landmark" blobs on the screen. Now, in medical school when I learned some basic ultrasound it all looked like fuzzy snow to me (I can tell if a full term baby is coming out head or butt first). She found the heartbeat and did the measurements all the while trying to help us see everything. I told her we trusted her. So I have the 2nd US next week and then she sets me free to my OB. I might be able to use the P word now.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?