Saturday, December 18, 2004

Happy Birthday to me!

Today is my 34th birthday. My mom came to visit me and last night as we came from the airport she told me about all the weird pregnancy cravings/ feelings she had when she was carrying me. She had no idea she was pregnant, only that she felt like "something was just off" and a tremendous craving for salty foods. I told her to recall most of my childhood and my adulthood, I have been able to provoke those same feelings in her over and over and that I love salty foods. (Yes, Mom, I put the whole package of seasoning in my ramen noodles.)

I had a few deadlines to achieve pregnancy and that often made my stess, worse of course. One was that my Mom had me at 34. She said though she loved me, she wished she could have been younger with me to have more energy and to have more time with me. (and not to be older than most of the other mothers) And of course the deadline of 35 when things "start going wrong."

As I sit here, breathing a cautious sigh of relief, it is not to gloat but to remember my mom's advice, "Things always work out the way they are supposed to."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?