Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Son, you were an IVF baby

I have not read too much about this topic on the internet: what to tell your kids about how they were born. I am not sure it is that big a deal any more. Test tube babies have really come a long way. More than 85,000 women undergo IVF in the U.S. each year, with more than 25,000 IVF babies born annually.

When I discussed this with my DH that he felt that we would not tell our kid/s. He did allow that we might tell them that Mom had some health problems and the doctor had to help her have kids only if the information might benefit our child in some way healthwise. I guess it would really depend on how this might come up, how old/ mature the kid is, and how we feel about it later in life.

It really could add a twist in the birds and the bees discussion.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?