Saturday, January 15, 2005

Committments

With all the uncertainty that infertility treatment brings, I have struggled with being able to make committments. As a rule, I don't say "YES" to something unless I can really give my attention to it and give it my best. I hate doing something half-assed and without my full attention. As a result of this and other reasons, I am often asked to be a part of this or that in my community and in the organizations I am a member of. Even thinking about a vacation a few months ahead for the last 2 years has been hard because of the scheduling and possible outcomes of infertility procedures. Can't get those non-refundable cruise tickets, might be in the middle of a cycle then. Can't promise to be vice-president of the club as I might miss some meetings because of treatment/ bedrest. Can't go to Girl Scout camp as there is no refrigeration for my meds there in the wilderness. We did take a break this last summer to do a lot of traveling, which we definately needed. I guess I can say it makes the sacrifices you make for children/ family start just a bit earlier than expected.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?