Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Flunking the test

I am currently in the middle of a 3 hour glucose tolerance test and am currently flunking it. Normally, a pregnant woman wouldn't be doing this until about 20-25 weeks, but of course, I am special. So special. I was worried about this and actually dreamed about going to Las Vegas and being served a large dessert buffet...cheese cake, chocolate pie, cakes, etc. I like sweets even though I am always an "in moderation" person. I like to think in spite of all the goofy problems my body has that my baby is growing and healthy...he/she always looks so good on the ultrasounds. So now I have another diagnosis to add to my list.

1. Gestational Diabetes
2. Polycystic Ovarian Disease
3. Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

At least I am not like my sister-in-law who can't eat gluten (wheat) or my sister (lactose intolerant/ Irritible Bowel Syndrome).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?