Thursday, January 13, 2005

Superpowers

As I have progressed along, now into the 10th week of BFP, I have discovered the many odd superhero powers that have developed. I have not figured out why each exists, although I assume they are protective of my offspring. My "What to Expect" book doesn't explain much about these superpowers.

1. Smell-o-matic: I can smell everything, anything, and even from 1-2 rooms away. I smell every molecule of sweat on my husband's shirts after work (one of his best qualities is excellent hygiene and lack of body odor), the horrible stench of my cat's poo from the litter box 2 rooms away (sometimes he is lazy in covering it completely up), food microwave smells from the breakroom down the hall at work (frickin' hot pockets), and of course the assault of perfumes/ colognes on people I encounter during the day.

2. Bodacious belly pants styling: Somehow, every pair of pants I can fit into automatically adjusts into bikini/ low rider status onto my body. Even with the mom style higher waisted pants, they manage to slide out and under. I feel like those men with beer bellies that wear all their jeans/ pants on their hips. I am a bit worried my pants will slide off as I am not that hippy, but somehow my butt seems to be growing.

3. Food aversions: I either really, really like something or really, really hate it, like can't eat more than 1-2 bites of it...this is really not like me at all. So far, Blobby really likes: McDonald's french fries, mashed potatoes, low-sodium V-8 juice, rice, milk (whole only), vanilla ice cream Cheerios, cheeseburgers. He/she hates (i.e. heartburn): spaghetti with tomato sauce, curry, sharp cheese, ground turkey, green beans, grilled chicken breast with lemon, and toast. I wonder if this will correlate with my child's future eating habits.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?