Monday, January 31, 2005

To Women who have no children

I have been feeling compelled lately, right or wrong, to share my ivf story with women who have no children. I have a few friends, past child-bearing years who for each of their own reasons (from too young hysterectomy to infertility to ?), have no children. They find out I am expecting and they are like most people, happy to hear my news. I guess what I am trying to say is (especially to those I know or suspect that infertility was an issue) to let them know it wasn't that easy for me to get pregnant. My DH feels that our ivf is our private business, but I want to let people know that IVF is OK, a wonderful thing that helped us! Perhaps I think that people who have children easily won't understand ivf (perhaps this is what my DH is wanting to protect us from) and so I choose to share thie with those who might need to hear it. The following is a story of why it can be helpful to let people know!

My reproductive endocrinologist was looking to build a new clinic and she found the perfect piece of land, near the hospital. Many people had tried to buy the land, including many of the up and coming physicians in our community (cardiologists), and other business people but she would not sell it. When my RE inquired, the owner, an elderly lady, asked what the land would be used for. Dr. RE replied that it was to be an infertility clinic offering many procedures include IVF. The owner told her that she, herself, had always wanted to have children of her own but could not conceive. She decided to sell my doctor the land for her clinic.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?