Sunday, February 20, 2005

A Good Book for Pregnant Infertiles

I was reading A Beautiful Day's blog and she mentioned a famous preganancy book "What to Expect When you Are Expecting" and offered some additions and I thought I might add to her suggestions also. I have been stocking up on the books since my BFP turned into a pregnancy. One of the ones that has brought me both reassurance and made me laugh out loud is "Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy" by Vicki Iovine. I actually bought her follow-up book 1st, "Girlfriends' Guide to the First Year" and enjoyed it. I think I like the book because the author is in her 30s, infertile for a few years and then had a bunch of kids, was a Playboy bunny, and has a funny sense of humor, and a nice style of writing. I think some of the stuff in there is pretty silly, but most of it is very realistic and practical advice. This is not a book of medical advice, but more like the blogs, because it addresses emotional issues, worries, and random thoughts. If you are a very young, easily fertile, granola, home water birth, no drugs, natural, no hospital, no doctors, exercise crazy, kind of person, you probably might not like it as much. But likely for most readers who like my blog you'll find this book a nice addition to your library. "What to Expect When You are Expecting" is like a dry medical text compared to this book.

Comments:
Have I told you how happy I am to have found you?

I'm all over your book recommendation and am ordering it tonight!

How was your visit with Mom?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?