Friday, February 11, 2005

Will I ever stop worrying?

I had a mini panic attack tonight...thinking about what happened earlier this week. I asked my husband, "Will I ever stop worrying if the baby is OK? All my life until it ends?" He replied (ever the wise one), "That's what we signed up for."

It seems that everything I do could harm the baby...eating fish, drinking a coke, taking a walk, forgetting to take vitamins, etc. I want to blame myself for the spotting even though my Ob tells me it was nothing I did and I know from my own medical knowledge that things can happen, no matter what you do. At the end of the last visit I got a brief nutritional reminder again to watch my carbs and load on the veggies. My mom reminds me to keep off my feet and not stand too long. The books are full of things to do and not to do. I am not supposed to work so much.

But my body don't crave or like the taste of a lot of veggies now. It wants a piece of toast with jam. I feel good when I walk for exercise. My work brings me satisfaction that I am doing something meaningful in the world.

My DH, again the wise one, reminded me of those women in the fields that kept working during their pregnancies. He said, listen to your body. It will tell you what to do. We will always worry about our children.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?