Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Continuing on...

I had my QUAD screen done last week and got the results yesterday. Everything is normal and appropriate to my gestation age. My thyroid checked out OK too. So another hurdle of prenatal testing is cleared. My ultrasound (THE official one) is schedule for 3 weeks from now. The plan is to find out the gender then and I can start shopping/planning/ more daydreaming.

On other topics, I had lunch with a friend the other day that is in the stage of planning/ creating a pregnancy and is dealing with some infertility issues. I told her that if she didn't want to talk babies/ pregnancy I could talk about other things. She reassured me that it comforted her to talk with me because I understood. I think that is why a lot of people still are scared to talk about infertility/ keep it a shameful/ secretive issue. There are still a few people out there who don't understand or support those who are going through the process.

One of my friends has a daughter beginning the injectables and was asking me why I thought so many people in my generation were having to do all this stuff to get pregnant. I gave her the short version (I have written about this on my blog in Jan I think)and thought it was just more available and people used to just adopt/ live with it/ not talk about it.

Thank goodness for the internet blogs, boards, and understand friends and family, medical personnel that DO exist who understand this so very well.

Comments:
Congrats on the terrific quad results! I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl (my vote is boy- just a gut feeling!).
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?