Monday, March 21, 2005

A day of I's

Today I woke up and had to pee. Then I had to pee when I got to work. Then I had to pee after I had my after breakfast snack. Then I had to pee between that snack and what I had to do next. Then I had to pee before lunch. OK, something amuck. I had noticed I had more (how do I put this nicely) irritation and needed to place a liner in my undies for the last 2-3 days. Yikes! I might have an infection. Rather than trying to diagnose and treat myself I called up my OB. He was out on Spring Break but his NP would be happy to get me in at the end of the day.

I was grateful and went to over to be examined. The NP was really nice and did a great job of taking care of me. She noted that I was one of the RE's patients before and had done IVF. Oh, yeah, I smiled, I am an IVF success story. The NP said, oh, I went thru 3 attempts with IVF but no luck. Wow, I thought, what a strong person to survive that and still be able to work day in and day out taking care of pregnant women.

I gratefully accepted my antibiotic samples and thanked her for her care of me. I now realize how many more people than I thought have struggled in this battle of infertility.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?