Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Something for my DH

My DH, unlike me, doesn't not have a blog on infertility nor great new blog friends to empathasize with during all this time. He remains happily chatting on his baseball fantasy boards and anticipating the start of the spring baseball season. That doesn't mean he doesn't care...he has been and is my pillar of support; it is just different for him. He is always amazed by my stack of pregnancy books on my bedside table (spilling onto the floor) and how fast I read thru them. In someways he doesn't have many places to go for infertility/ having a baby advice. Perhaps that is why he has been more cautious than I in bringing up what we had to do to get here.

So to give him something back and to reassure him (and myself), I have did 2 things. One was to have him call one of his best childhood friends so I could talk to his wife about her ivf experience. This was not just to reassure me, but so his friend could tell dh about his experience.

The second thing I did was riskier. We met another one of his childhood friends for dinner and he and his wife had recently had their 1st baby after 7 years of marriage. They knew about our pregnancy and I quietly shared with the wife that we had a miracle as it was thru ivf. She smiled and said they went thru ivf also. Her husband (ever observant) caught our exchange and the conversation turned to theirs and our ivf experience. He was amazed at yet another thing that bonded him and my dh's enduring friendship (over 20 years).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?