Sunday, May 01, 2005

More blogging...

I decided to suck it up and stop feeling sorry for myself. I have self-examined this weekend and think I am carrying a lot of anger and frustration around from past issues in my life, not the least of which, the infertility issue. I noticed that I have been thinking thoughts like, "hey, if it was 10 years ago, I'd be 24 and probably wouldn't have such a time getting/ being pregnant." I know, I know, non-productive thinking. But it made me finally face the facts...I am human and have health issues and am angry about them. It's OK. Things could be worse, but it is ok to have human feelings like anger, frustration, sadness, selfishness and grief.

My anemia is very mild and I don't think this will be much of an issue. The thyroid is actually appearing to be too high (very odd) and I take medicine everyday. I anticipate it will be cut back. It is very odd because usually the pregnancy will require MORE thyroid, not less. The glucose issue...I am preparing to hear my doctor out and let him know that I am willing to stick to a good diet and even prick my finger (I am already doing it...OUCH).

So I decided to move on with life and go register at Target for my baby shower which is in 1 month. My dh came along and I let him pick out the toys and fun stuff and I debated about strollers and car seats. We left satisfied.

Comments:
I'm sorry to hear you've had some health concerns come up. But, as a doc, I'm sure you know what you need to do and you're willing to do it (heck, you're already doing the finger pricks!). I wish pg were easier for all of us who've been through infertility but we do the best we can with what we're dealt--exactly what it sounds like you're doing. Hang in there.

And congrats on registering--it feels great to feel like a "normal" pregnant person doing those kinds of things. Hope your shower is wonderful (I couldn't have asked for nicer at mine this past Saturday)--you deserve it!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?