Sunday, July 31, 2005

1 month mark

The wee one is one month old as of yesterday. In Chinese culture, the 1 month birthday is a cause for celebration. It also involves red eggs, but we decided to give her a small taste of vanilla ice cream instead. She liked it. I can't not believe that one month has passed and I am still keeping her alive/ thriving. She has gained 2 pounds since her birthweight and in spite of my fumbling attempts (me trying to stay awake at the midnight feeding) at motherhood. Her due date is next Sunday and my dh likes to joke about my maternity leave actually beginning then.

She also got some birthday presents from grandma of 2 new outfits that actually fit her and keep her warm. I didn't have a lot of newborn/ size 0 outfits because of what everyone tells you about them growing fast/ being big. She is also a blanket kicker and thus has chilly hands and feet if I am not on blanket patrol. She is still too small for the blanket sleepers, so the new outfits really help.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?