Friday, July 01, 2005

Baby's Here!

Lindsey came 10:15 yesterday morning after my water broke at 4am... she is in NICU (34 5/7 weeks) but doing very well. I am home from the hospital after what is the shortest labor and delivery experience I have ever heard of in a primagravida. We all thought I was going to be a C-Section as the baby has been breech everytime we look, but miraculously, she turned and I delivered her vaginally. I think my daughter actually pushed herself/ crawled out. (EPIDURALS ARE WONDERFUL).

As for my new daughter, I visit the NICU with the urge to try to find her underneath all the tubes...especially it seems like she is trying to pull them all out and say "Hey, I don't belong here!"

I am tired, slow moving and am still trying to grasp the reality that I am a mother...perhaps when I finally get to hold her for more than a few minutes.

Comments:
Oh, Toffee--the honor of being the first commenter to say "Congratulations" on Lindsey's arrival! I am so glad to know that both she and you are doing so well (and I hear you on the short labor for a primagravida--a little over 8 hours for me!)

And while Lindsey's just slightly early--before you know it, she'll be as chunky as a full-termer and home with you. In the meantime, please hang in there and know that I'm wishing the three of you a lifetime of love and happiness (and some quality sleep in the early weeks)!
 
Toffee,
heartfelt congrats to you and dear Lindsey and family! I know her stay in the NICU will be short and before you know it, you'll be home and the three of you can be a family.

Hugs!!!
 
Congratulations! This is really awesome news! :)
 
Congratulations! My son was born at 33 6/7 and spent some time in the NICU. Lindsey will be home snuggling with you before you know it.

Maybe it's something about first-time mothers giving birth to preemies? Brody came out in less than 4 pushes, after dilating from 4 cm to 10 cm in 30 minutes.

Congrats again!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?