Friday, July 15, 2005

If it isn't one thing...

The happy family is together at home and all is well except for the ANNOYING apnea monitor. At first it provided us with peace of mind and knowledge that our baby was breathing and heart beating. After many false alarms ("loose leads") and getting tangled up in the cords it is trying my patience. No apnea or heart rate issues for 1 week.

The baby is doing so well...eating 1-2 ounces every 3 hours, peeing, pooing, playing...I gave her a break off the monitor this AM and she was so much more peaceful and contented without it. I tried to put it back on her and she cried so much and kind of turned purple...I almost cried too. I gave up and am waiting for the peditrician's office to open after lunch to talk to them.

I don't want to be a bad mother/ non-compliant person, but I really don't think we need this. Her father, grandmother, and I watch her constantly and we are trained in CPR (I am a physician myself). Her own pedi even said that the pedi cardiologists believe these machines are "worthless" but she did want to keep monitoring her. I am willing to sign a paper saying I won't sue them or endanger my child. I just have this gut feeling that she is doing and will do fine without it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?