Sunday, July 10, 2005

She's back at home!

Last night we were saying a blessing before dinner and my DH said, thanks for bringing out baby back home. I was thinking "back home?" Well that's actually right...she has been with me (at home, at work, etc) for the past 8 months and now our family (that's so cool to say/ write) is all back together under one roof.

I survived 24 hours so far with baby at home...apnea monitor and everything. She was prescribed some medication which is actually caffeine to stimulate her respiratory drive but I still have not gotten it due to incompetence/ misinformation at the fricking pharmacy (a major chain pharmacy with 24 hour 7 days service which I have a lot of problems with...begins with "W") and the insurance company. I tried to buy it with my own money but the pharmacy was reluctant and told me to call my doctor to change the medicine. Crazy! I called a buddy of mine who is a hospital pharmacist and drug guru and I called the NICU this AM and spoke with the nurse and later the doctor (he called me back!) and they throught it was wacky also. I am going to the locally owned pharmacy tomorrow (was not open on Sat) and figure it out. In the meantime I have samples of medicine and I drank a Dr. Pepper today (had been limiting my caffeine)...should pass on to the breast milk!

Back to the baby (baby on the brain)...she is totally wonderful and I know she has been stressed out being at the NICU and now it is time to relax at home with mommy and daddy.

Comments:
Relaxing at home with mommy and daddy...ahh. What a wonderful reality--though I'm sure relaxing won't exactly be the verb of choice as you each settle in to family life as a threesome.

I'm so glad to know that she's doing so well as are you. And I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with "W"--needless to say, I had some trouble with them/my insurance myself right after delivery, though for my own meds. Ridiculous...hope it gets resolved soon, and if not, I love that self-prescribed round of Dr. P to get her little system going!
 
How wonderful that she's home! Congrats to you both, and I hope it stays relaxing!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?