Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Eating

I always have to have something to stress about so yesterday was her not latching on as efficiently as usual and also a large spit up after one evening meal. The truth is that she is getting bigger and stronger and I can't position her as easily as before.

1 AM feeding...

Baby: "Hey, feed me...NOW!"
Mom: Here's dinner #3!
Baby: Wrong angle...how am I supposed to suck and swallow if my neck is all craned like this. Go this way!
Mom: How am I supposed to get the nipple in if your hands are in your mouth?
Baby: OK, I am going to move this way and...there...hmmm...nice bouquet...a bit citrusy today
Mom: Oh great, latched on....now off...oh no, now your'e tasting...are you going to eat?
Baby: OK, I'm ready...suck, suck, suck...swallow...breathe, breathe, breathe...suck, suck, suck...
Mom: Latched on...good baby

3 minutes later...

Baby: (Gasps, sputters)...Hey, too much milk for me to swallow...(unlatches)
Mom: (Moves baby into upright position and tries to burp the baby...) Crap.
Baby: (Falls asleep)
Mom: (trying not to fall asleep)...Hey baby, hey baby...so you're going to sleep now...OK, is this enough to hold you for a bit so I can get some sleep or will you wake up 1/2 hour later needing more food?
Baby: (Farts loudly)...zzzzzz....

Comments:
Toffee I'm sorry I haven't checked in lately - your description of feeding has me laughing SO HARD! I'm happy to hear that it's this way for everyone - the hands in the mouth thing drives me crazy, as does the hanging out "just tasting" time and the falling asleep.
I'm happy to hear that you and babe are doing so well.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?