Friday, September 16, 2005

Better than ever

What a different one week makes. We have all be sleeping better and longer and the world is so much better when viewed thru rested eyes and brain. I have made it thru the 2nd week of work and have managed to keep on keeping on. I don't know how it is for other work outside moms but the baby wakes up when I get home and is interactive with me until I go to bed (and sometimes beyond that!). She nurses and dozes on my chest/ lap and in general is a big cuddlebug.

After keeping her a home mostly thus far, I feel finally ready to venture out to a few places with her...particularly church and the park. I am less anxious about her and am trying to go with her rhythm and flow.

As an older mom (i.e., I am in my mid 30s vs. 20s) I believe I am more anxious and more challenged physcially than I would have been, lets say, 10 years ago. I remember that I could stay up all night (well at least until 3 or so) and be mostly fine the next morning unless I had had more than enough to drink. I suppose nature designed it that way, but me, I wasn't ready until now mentally. I could not even imagine kids/ babies 10 years ago...I was still a kid. It makes me think about a lot of society now...I read an article the other day about how childhood is longer than before as many people are in school longer/ living with their parents longer. That age 25 is now the new 18. It just made me think about the reprocussions on female fertility...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?