Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Diapers & formula

I was watching Oprah the today and Julia Roberts was visiting one of the Katrina shelters. She visited with a mom and 4 month old and she described how she carried the baby & his 4 year old brother out of their flooded neighborhood. They showed pictures of the kids at the shelter...babies, toddlers, kids, tweens, teens. The donated goods were shown, boxes of diapers, cases of formula, toys, and a shot of a gated area where toddlers were playing together. I felt so grateful that I was at home, safe with my baby in my arms. I had started to send some diapers to the local collection drive (I have about 300 size 1 from a "diaper cake" at my shower), but decided to send money to the American Red Cross & other relief efforts.

Comments:
Its so hard to know what to do to help when the need is so huge. It looks like the company I work for will be taking in up to 180 people in an empty nursing home. I'm giving money and holding off on other things until I know what I can do for them. I am emptying my closet of unused clothes in preparation.

What does a diaper cake look like? Sounds like a good shower idea.
 
Hi!
I'm back to check your blog again and you just keep the great posts coming! Do you know of any great websites that sell diaper cakes. I've seen a few good ones but I think www.diapergifts.com make the best I have seen. You have got a great blog and I will be back to check it out.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?