Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Crying Game

So every night, I put a fresh diaper on the baby, nurse the baby and rock her and then put her to bed. It usually happens in some form or fashion and at various times. Lately I have been trying to be consistent in the routine and times as I read babies need consistency (I know myself that I am like that too). We used to pick her up when she cried but now that she is almost 4 months we have been letting her cry it out longer and trying not to pick her up. We used to blame it on that she didn't like the crib, but that is where she is safe and that is where she sleeps at night. It doesn't really take that long usually (the crying to turn into sleep) but it sure does seem long when those cries are so loud and insistent. There is so much out there about this subject, so many ways to mess up your kid (!) but I think that for the 99% of the time that she is happy, this 1% isn't so bad.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?