Sunday, October 16, 2005

Time on my hands

3 1/2 months since I gave birth and my memories of the early, crazy, baby days are there but starting to get fuzzy and foggy. It is amazing, I feel, that I have made it this far. She is sleeping in the night, waking once to eat. Daytime naps are erratic, but she has more calm, peaceful periods. I actually have begun to be aware of what I am doing, housework, computer time, eating, bathing, etc. instead of just rushing, rushing, rushing so that I am ready to care for the baby's needs. The needs are still there, but I am getting used to it.

With the nanny's schedule and my work schedule, I have built in some time before and after to compensate for any work/ home issues/ problems/ emergencies. Some days I have this time and have to make a choice, home to the baby/ start dinner or take a few moments to shop/ run errands/ etc. Sometimes I find I don't want to do either. Both can be tiring. These times, I just want to take a nap/ lounge/ veg. With a nanny in the house I find it is hard for me to really relax (I have a comfortable, but open planned house). I usually send her home early and try to nap/ lounge/ veg with the baby. When my dh is home, it is not as much a problem (except when he brings the baby to "see what mommy is doing."

Comments:
I'm glad things are letting up for you finally and you're working out a schedule that works for you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?