Saturday, November 05, 2005

Sleep deprivation

My sleep deprivation makes me kind of funny. Instead of realizing that tiredness = need to cut back and slow down, my mind says stuff like "hey, I'll take on yet another project, committment, etc." Actually my voice says it and then later my mind catches up and realizes that I should have said the opposite. I think for a while I have been deluding myself into thinking that the worst it was over and it was back to "normal." It is probably true that the worst is over only in the sense that yes, occasionally I still have to be up twice at night, but I know what to expect and it's not a big surprise. So at this moment, I am really tired, it's only 8:15 PM and the baby has just been put down to sleep and she is crying. I am praying for at least a few hours in a row of sleep tonight for myself.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?