Friday, December 30, 2005

6 months old today!

We are celebrating the wee one's 1/2 year old birthday today! I used to wonder what it would be like to be at this point. There are so many amazing changes since 6 months ago. She woke up this morning at the (butt) crack of dawn (5:45) going "Bbbbbbppfh, Wah!, Bbbbbppfh, Wah!, Bbbbbppfh..." If anyone can translate that for me it would be appreciated. I am so happy she is at this milestone.

On another subject, since I have been able to spend some more daytimes with her lately, I have been noticing her nap schedule. I put her down and she can nap in the morning for 1/2 - 45 minutes and in afternoon for up to an hour and a half or two. She cries some before (less than 5-10 minutes) and then goes to sleep. With her nanny, she sleeps less, about 1/2 hour at a time at best. The baby, I think, knows the nanny is less strict/mean than mommy and will not let her cry more than 30 seconds and will pick her up. I told her to try and that it was ok to let her cry, but I think it will take some more time. I may be reading too much Dr. Weissbluth (Healthy Sleep...), or projecting my own sleep desires onto her, but I think it helps her sleep better at night.

Happy New Year to all!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?