Saturday, January 28, 2006

I am not a desperate housewife

Part of this post is also a comment on RE's Muse about how mothering has affect life as we know it and the way some moms seem to have it all together...i.e. thin, well dressed, energetic, etc.

I still get stressed out about how my life is now compared to before I became a mother and have dealt with it by cutting back my work, looking at the mirror and going "good enough" (but wonder when my hair is finally going to stop falling out... good news, some hair seems to be growing back in), my clothes fit differently, my boobs are a strange consistency (I finally weaned last month), and wonder how on earth other moms, especially the ones I see with more than 1 baby do it. Exercise is a distant memory and I made a new years resolution to make it to the gym or walk ONCE a week...so far have not kept it...so on and so forth.

I am not a size 4 desperate housewife, and my body seems to be going back to its PCOS state with a vengence.

At least my kid is well-dressed and cute!

Comments:
You know what, you're so right--I might look sub-par but, man, my kid is dudded up nicely! Knowing that helps put it all into better perspective :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?