Monday, January 30, 2006

What the F*#$?

In my last post I was mentioning that PCOS seemed to be coming back and I was resigning myself to enduring the joys of the disease... fattening body, no periods, random hairs, skin tags, INFERTILITY. Well, today was a typical Monday at work and I didn't get to visit the little girl's room until lunchtime. My body did feel a little weird today (I can't explain why, but weird) and I pull down my pants and there it was, BLOOD. I felt like a 12 year old girl getting her period for the first time. I have not had a "natural" cycle in over 18 years. I have either been on the pill, fertility drugs or not ovulating (no period) for all of my adult, over 18, can see R-rated movies life. Thinking back I was kind of achy in my nether regions the last week and had been kind of B^#tchy also.

Of course, tonight I googled "PCOS, period after pregnancy, ovulation postpartum, etc." and found this hopeful statement.

*********After pregnancy, many women with PCOS develop normal menstrual cycles and find it easier to become pregnant again.*************

Is it too much to hope? Or am I just being teased?

Comments:
Another friend of mine with PCOs finally got pg with IVF, and got pg "by accident" 6 months after giving birth. I wouldn't rule out this happening to you!
 
I don't usually comment but felt that my experience may be beneficial to you. I also have PCOS. Prior to being officially diagnosed, I had a little girl. After breastfeeding her for 13 months, my period began presenting itself regularly for about 3 months. After the 3 months, my period started to progressively get more and more irregular. Eventually, I wanted to have a second child and was unsuccessful. I ended doing several IUI's and got pregnant with twins on my second IVF cycle. My point is that I felt that my body went through a period of regular cycles after pregnancy and breastfeeding that I had never experienced before. I truly believe that if I would've tried to conceive my second during that time, I never would've had to resort to IVF.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?