Sunday, April 02, 2006

No more doughnuts

My pants have been getting tighter lately (also my undies too) and the numbers on the scale are higher that I like. I kept saying I really needed to watch what I was eating. My actions, however, hadn't caught up to my brain. Well, last week, I have double check my blood sugar machine and my own sugar was higher that my patient's who is a diabetic. Granted, they were both numbers in the normal range, but I was a bit taken aback. I also recently hospitalized a patient under 40 who is suffering the ravages of kidney disease from uncontrolled diabetes. Well, this past week, I have been scared into watching what I eat again, in particular a lower carb diet. As I was a gestational diabetic, PCOS, and have a diabetic dad who started with heart blockages at age 45, I am totally at risk for this disease. Exercising on a regular basis again would help too. Not just light walks but more getting sweaty workouts again. It also dawned on me that if I don't take care of myself I can't take care of my daughter or on down the road, she might have to take care of me. So, giving up doughnuts sounds pretty lame sometimes, but for me, obviously, it is not.

Comments:
For me it's not doughnuts but homemade tollhouse cookies, and I had every intention of getting up to make a new batch when I read your post again and, well, now I'm not.
Good for you. I'd personally miss the doughnuts. I know it's hard.
 
Right there with you, Toffee, right there with you.

I find myself easily slipping back into the low carb living. Heck, I did it for almost 2 years before I got pg.

Hope it helps us both get back to our best shape...and yes, working out more certainly would help--most days I have such good intentions but time just gets away from me. I've got to try harder to make it happen.

Good luck to you as well--those numbers will creep back down before you know it!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?