Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My first Mother's day card

I got my 1st mother's day card today. It was from my parents and it touched me that they sent me this funny, quite wonderful card. I remember sitting in church about 5 years ago in the front in the choir loft. It was Mother's day. They did the whole oldest, youngest, most kids, etc. and all the mothers in the church got flowers. I was single, divorced about a year, not really looking, but on that Sunday I really wanted to be presented with one of those scraggly carnations. I wasn't even married or trying, or even had any inkling I would be dealing with infertility at some future point. I felt that ache. I guess that's the biological clock. The church I go to now celebrates all women on that day, mothers and daughters and everyone gets a flower. And now I am someone's mother.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?