Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Holiday Weekend

Everyone has been asking me how I plan to spend my 4th of July holiday weekend. Well, I admit, it has not been at the top of my list because this weekend, the holiday celebration I am looking forward to is my daughter's 1st birthday party. The folks are gathering for a party and I am making sure we have enough spoons for the ice cream (Oh crap, I need to remember to buy ice cream). A year ago tonight, I was lying on the couch (bedrest) watching Lemony Snicket, unknowing that I would go into labor at 2 AM 5 1/2 weeks early. A year ago tomorrow, I would be looking at my new daughter. So here I am on the brink of the celebrations for the birth of our great country and the birth of my 1st child, what a great weekend to look forward to!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?