Thursday, July 13, 2006

Shots oh shots

We (I) survived the 1 year visit to the doctor's. Man, there are a lot of shots! Including the TB test and blood draw to check for anemia, the poor babe was poked 7 times. Thank goodness she will not remember any of it. I know that it is for her good and my medical mind knows that it is needed, but my mama heart hurt for my baby's cries. I don't even like taking her to the doctor (who by the way is a perfectly nice doctor and has a spotless office) because I think about all the other sick (germy) kids there. Sunday school doesn't bother me because I hope that people don't bring sick kids to church! She did note that her eyes had some crossed-ness, which I and my family have also been noticing (and it seems to be getting better). She recommend we take her to the opthalomogist for a visit. I have made an appointment, but I am debating whether to go or just observe some more. I asked my dh and he says well, we'll get his opinion and follow it. I just hate the thought of sitting in another doctor's office (this one with mostly old people checking on their cataracts and glaucoma). But I think I am fortunate that my child is healthy and doing quite well and not in the doctor's office very much at all.

Comments:
Happy belated birthday to the lovely little lady! Sounds like you all had a wonderful celebration--here's to many more!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?